Friday, June 21, 2013

Coffee Crazy!

Happy Friday everyone!

Being the crazy coffee lover that I am, I decided to post my three recent finishes all with a coffee-theme.

Good Coffee, Good Friend and I Like You a Latte Cards

These two cards have a very unique story. As many of you know, I make a number of my cards to be prototypes that people can order from. They may not always be exact, but they're close. There are a few cards I make though that I would never anticipate getting many orders from. These two cards below are two examples of that. I mean really, why would you need multiple cards made in this design, right? Well about 3 months ago, I got a request to make 6 each of the two cards below. The person who ordered them explained that she was having an in-home coffee tasting party and thought these would make great invites. I have NEVER heard of having a coffee party, but come fall/winter, I need to seriously look into having one! :)


Love My Coffee Framed Art

This fun piece was stitched on 28-count lambswool linen and framed in a rustic grey frame with an easel back. I've been told the recipient was a huge coffee drinker so I hope she enjoyed this gift as much as I enjoyed stitching it. The pattern is by Lizzie Kate.


Is It Coffee Yet Hanging Ornament

This was stitched on 28-count lambswool linen and finished into an ornament with sage green ribbon and green Chinese braid trim. The funny part of this finish is that I had to create four of these for someone as gifts and right before I made my first punch with the staple gun I realized I totally forgot the little burnt umber heart at the top of the pattern. I guess in the long-run it wouldn't have been too noticeable to the recipients, but it would have DRIVEN ME CRAZY!! :)


As always, thank you for your kind e-mails.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your coffee cards- although, I like tea better : ) I have heard of a wine tasting party, but not a coffee themed party- sounds like fun!

Karen Howard said...

What a fun image and both your cards are fantastic! Hugs, Karen