Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Well Wishes Tree


Recently one of my closest friends, Deb got her Ph.D. and when my colleagues and I tried to figure out what to buy her for a gift, we quickly realized that with Deb being a a no-frills kind of gal, the best gift we can give her was one that came from the heart. Somehow between the four of us, we came up with a Well Wishes tree. It was purely a concept and I really didn't know how this was going to turn out, but we were all pretty happy with the result.

To make this tree, I went to the floral section at Michaels and picked out two large branches. Then I got a large terra cotta pot and placed a large foam ball inside of it, stuck the branches in, and filled the rest of the area with some moss (which I'm still finding in my kitchen). After that it was just a question of how I was going to make the little cards for us all to write sentiments on. I decided to cut 3x4" pieces of scrapbook paper and score them in the center to make little cards so the messages were a little more private. I corner-punched the ends for a little more detail, punched a whole in the top left corner, added some rubbon, and voila! The Well Wishes tree was a big hit.

Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

jimlynn said...

Alissa, this is so cute and a wonderful idea for a gift!!! Very clever.
Lynn